ABC date night challenge continues for 2014!
I set out to complete the ABC Date Night Challenge by New Year’s Eve last year but due to a myriad of different reasons, we were unable to complete all the letters. Fortunately we are both still committed to finishing the challenge because honestly it was really fun! We realized that it takes a little more time to plan our dates. Working around our demanding work schedules also made it a little more difficult to do a biweekly date as we had originally planned. So I’m being a little more realistic and shooting for at least 1 date per week. If we are able to do more than 1 that will just be a bonus :). As with the last time, I would love for all your lovers out there to join in on the action.
We will be posting our date night photos and would love to see what creative ideas you all come up with for your own dates. I would love to feature you here in a future letter date post!!
A few tips for this challenge (See original post with a list of dates by alphabet here.):
- Dates do not have to be at night. Choose a time that works for both of your schedules and roll with it.
- Dates do not even have to be outside the home. Find creative ways to spend time with your loved one in the house. I have some really fun dates at home coming up so stay tuned.
- The entire point of the challenge is to spend quality time with your significant other. Do not stress if the date you planned doesn’t live up to the expectations you set. Just have fun!
- Split the responsibility of planning the dates. There are 26 letters. Each person should be responsible for planning 13. This way you both have the chance to do something you’re interested in.
- You don’t have to spend a lot of money to have a great date. Research community events to attend that are free or cheap.
- Most importantly have fun!