Guide to the $10 Gift Exchange
Hello my lovely readers! As we all know Christmas is quickly approaching. It’s that time of year where we all stress out and try to figure out what to buy our significant others, family, friends, coworkers, etc. Well do not fret! Not to toot my own horn but I consider myself to be a very savvy shopper! So I have decided that I will create a mini series to help you choose some nice gifts for that special someone in your life this Christmas season.
The $10 gift exchange seems to be a common trend during the Christmas season. I have gone to many Christmas parties where the host would ask everyone to bring a $10 gift to the party in order to play fun gift exchange games like Dirty Santa, Chinese gift exchange or white elephant. I have also participated in many $10 gift exchanges at work, church, etc. Sometimes the gifts I received were great and other times….well we all know how bad those gifts can sometimes be O_o. So here are a few gift ideas to help you choose a great gift this year without breaking the bank.
A manly gift list for the perfect $10 gift:
- a skinny necktie like this red tie very festive for the holiday season or a quirky tie based on the man’s interests like this for the piano lover or this for the edgy male. If you don’t know their particular style a solid tie is always a safe option
- iTunes gift card for mp3 downloads or Amazon credits to download an album
- restaurant voucher to their favorite establishment
- a book or Kindle/ Nook voucher for a book
- iPhone case (Amazon has a slew of these under $10 so you could probably buy several for $10) Here are a few options: cassette tape inspired for the music lover , football inspired for the sports lover, gameboy inspired for the video game junkie or for someone you don’t know that well I like these chrome plated cases
- tool sets for the handy man like this screwdriver set from Sears
- sports themed hats
- a bottle of alcohol is always a winner according to my husband’s coworkers LOL
- For the gadget lover, the possibilities are endless. Here are just a few ideas I found very interesting! A 5 in 1 pen found here, a spinning top found here , iPad protective case found here and if you are willing to spend a few extra bucks my favorite item is this coffee warmer found here!
A $10 gift list fit for a queen:
- If you are willing to pay a few cents more you could score a designer iPhone case like this.
- personalized stationery: Vistaprint has several options to allow you to customize stationery, notebooks, photo journals, etc for under $10
- a perfume gift set like this set from Justin Bieber (currently at Walmart for $10)
- a pair of earrings or some other costume jewelry
- restaurant voucher to favorite establishment
- book or Kindle/ Nook voucher for a book
- iTunes gift card for mp3 downloads of an album
- candles from Bath & Body Works. I personally love these especially in cranberry pear bellini fragrance. P.S. I am so happy I just realized that they now make it in the wallflower fragrance!! I will be going by there by this weekend!
- fancy travel size essentials like hand creams or mascaras or lip balms like this or this. I don’t know about you but I am a sucker for fancy packaging on simple products.
- makeup palette from a brand like Elf or this gift set from Stila found at Sephora or this Beauty Gems palette from Ulta Beauty
- nail polish gift set like this OPI set at Sephora
- coffee warmer aforementioned in manly gift list
- pashmina or scarf like the ones at Charming Charlie
I could go on and on but I think I have given you all a great start! What great gifts have you found for $10 or less? I would love to hear about them. If you found this post interesting and informative, feel free to like and share with your friends!
Until next post,