Last September, my husband and I traveled to Las Vegas for our 5th anniversary. We had a great time. During that trip we had the opportunity to stay at 2 different hotels. For the first 3 days of the vacation, we stayed at the Hilton Elara. On our last night in Las Vegas, we decided to splurge so we checked into a room at the Wynn. The beauty of this hotel captivated us from the moment we entered the lobby. It was apparent that this hotel pays attention to detail!
The bellman was extremely friendly and welcoming. He gathered our bags and instructed us to head over to the registration desk to check in. We stood in line for about 5 minutes or so before reaching the registration clerk. The hotel seemed very busy but its Las Vegas so I would expect nothing less. Luckily the receptionist was very courteous as well. She treated me as if I was the only guest there at the time. She was even kind enough to upgrade our room when she found out that we were celebrating our 5th anniversary. I know lots of hotels offer that option but this is the ONLY hotel that has ever done it for me.
I received my key and a map of the facility so that we could locate our room. I have never really paid much attention to hotel keys but this one caught my attention because it had my name printed right on it!
Let me just tell you this hotel is massive. I wish I had taken more pics of the beautiful lobby and casino and that we had to navigate through just to get to our room. I really didn’t like that aspect of the hotel. I wished they made the rooms accessible without walking through the casino to reach the elevators but I’m just finicky like that.
We arrived at room 3225 and when we opened the door it felt like we stepped into the pages of Elle Decor. The room was absolutely beautiful!
Here are the pros and cons of the Wynn:
- Decor is beautiful.
- Staff is knowledgeable and very friendly. Everyone I met treated up with respect and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable
- Anything you need or any activity you might want to do in Las Vegas can be done within the hotel. The Wynn has a casino, nightclubs, fashion boutiques, restaurants, and even entertaining shows at the resort.
- The rooms are clean!! I am a germophobe so this was my favorite thing about my entire stay!
- The bed was super comfortable! I could have laid in bed all day.
- Although I wasn’t super thrilled with the price of the stay (279 + tax for 1 night), it seemed worthwhile for a night in luxury.
- I was on the 32nd floor and I could still hear the noise from the Strip. I guess that is to be expected but it made for a hard night’s rest for a light sleeper like myself. Most people don’t come to Las Vegas to sleep so it most likely isn’t a problem for others.
- The mini bar/ snack bar in the room was ridiculously overpriced. It also had sensors so if you touch anything, its yours.
- You can get lost very easily within the resort. Larger signs to direct extremely tired guests would have been more effective for navigation purposes.
Here are a few photos from other areas of the hotel.
Checking out was a breeze! We called down to the front desk and they had a cab waiting on us outside to ensure that we made it to the airport for our flight on time. Overall I had a wonderful stay at the Wynn. I would definitely return again!!
Have you stayed at the Wynn? What was your experience like? Would you visit the Wynn Las Vegas? Let me know in the comments below!