Hey Y’all! Life & Blog Update
“Guess who’s back? Back again.”-Eminem
Brittany’s back. Tell a friend!
Gosh I missed you guys! I have been wanting to publish a blog post for a while but I just haven’t had the time. So I figured I would just drop in and tell you all hello! It’s been nearly a month since my last post. Here are all the details of what has been happening in my life lately.
- If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter (@creativityarise), you may have read that we have moved…yes AGAIN!! We are still in the great state of Texas but now we live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Let me just tell you, if I never see a moving box again, it wouldn’t be soon enough! If you are a Creativity Arise subscriber or a fellow blogger in the DFW area, let me know! I would love the chance to connect with you.
- We moved from a house into an apartment on the 3rd floor. For the first couple of days, I thought I was going to die! It is 4 flights of stairs to get to my apartment from the ground and I am not in the best of shape. I am at a point now where I can make it to my front door without shortness of breath. That’s what I call progress people.
- My blog celebrated it’s 3 year blog anniversary on June 25th! I didn’t do anything big to celebrate because I was too busy packing and moving but I may try to do something big at either the 4 or 5 year mark. I know its like a year or so away but if you guys have any ideas, let me know 🙂
- I celebrated my 31st birthday on May 24th. It was a low-key celebration with my hubby. We went to brunch at DownHouse in the Heights area in Houston and did a little shopping at Katy Mills. I’m actually enjoying being a thirty something. Even though I don’t have a clear plan for my life like “people” say you should by your thirties, I have been having fun figuring things out along the way.
I really enjoy the world of blogging and have some plans to provide you all with more content than ever! It will be a lot easier now that I have more free time than expected. You guys can thank unemployment and relocation for that.
Here are my plans for the blog:
- I am finally switching over to a self hosted blog and leaving the free version of WordPress behind. It can’t handle all of the big things I have in mind. It’s a scary self-hosted world out there but I hope you guys stay tuned for the big reveal. CA will be getting a fun makeover. I have set a goal to have it completed by Labor Day but I am hoping it will be much sooner. More details about the process will be coming soon.
- My focus will be more on travel, fashion, and lifestyle content. If you guys would like to see other things, let me know. I want to make sure that I am making content that you guys want to read continuously!
That’s it for now guys! I am waiting on Larry the cable guy to come install my internet and cable today. I have been without cable and internet for a week. That’s the equivalent of a lifetime to a blogger/ social media junkie. Luckily, my apartment complex has wi-fi in the common areas.
So what have you all been up to lately? Where have you traveled recently? I am currently in dire need of a vacation. The wanderlust inside of me is burning at an all time high. I haven’t been on a vacation since last December. Where should I go??
Stay inspired guys,