Prompted| No more HATERS!
The Daily Post posed this question to the readers today.
If you could permanently ban a word from general usage, which one would it be? Why?
The word that immediately came to mind for me was HATERS! I am so tired of hearing that word on TV, in movies, in the media, and during general conversations! I think that word has been dragged through the fire, the mud, and down the street and it is currently in the ICU on a ventilator. It is so overused and abused. If you think about it, I’m sure you can recount at least one time you have heard it today. Heck there is even an app for that! What irritates me about the word HATERS is the fact that it does not even accurately depict the person most of the time.
Prime example: Let’s say you buy a new outfit. You think you look fabulous in it so you wear it to a social event. Everyone in the room raves about your outfit except Suzie and Sally. Sally is actually bold enough to say that she does not like your outfit. Guess what happens now? Sally has earned the label of a HATER. But why? Is it simply because she has an opinion that differs from the majority? When did that become a crime? Or could it really be that she is jealous of your exquisite fashion sense and all the attention that you are receiving? Who knows! But in any sense, neither of these reason should earn Sally the label of a HATER. She should either be considered outspoken, a free thinker or at the least an envious person. There is no true hate surrounding this scenario.
Hatred is a much deeper emotion. It is defined as prejudiced hostility or animosity. Most haters don’t display these characteristics. Most often people that have been labeled as haters are just green with envy because they wish they could be in another person’s position. Quick FYI: just because you see someone doing well right now, doesn’t mean they were always in that position. Lots of people overcome tremendous obstacles in their lives before reaching success. Instead of “hating” be happy for their accomplishments! Just thought I would throw that in there.
Another thing that works my nerves is when people assume that they have a plethora of haters lurking. These haters are just hiding in the bushes, tracking their every move and waiting for them to fail. In the words of Sweet Brown “ain’t nobody got time for that!” What makes the haters phenomenon so funny is that the main people with an entourage of haters don’t really have anything going on in their lives to even produce a grain of hate, envy, or even a thought about them.
I could be on this soapbox forever so I will stop here. As you can tell I am SO over this word. I believe it’s time to say bye bye HATERS!
Until next post,
Original article: http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/06/22/daily-prompt-no/
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You « Mama Bear Musings
- Let words live and die on their own | Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Banning words | DCMontreal
- Get rid of “should” | THE WORM IN MY APPLE
- No, thank you | Taking time, making time
- Real men don`t rape | Joakim Knudsen Photography
- No, Thank Yous!! | Mary Angelini Photography
- Excuse me, you said what!? | Nanuschka’s Blog
- Land’s End | A Teacher’s Blog
- Rob’s Surf Report
- Is most unnecessary word “the”? | Rob’s Surf Report
- A Word I’d Like To Drop | The Jittery Goat
- BAN LOVE | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Daily Prompt: No! | suzie81′s Blog
- Style | Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | think | architect
- “Dump” | Relax…
- Escape | Hope* the happy hugger
- No No No, Baby | clarior e tenebris
- Daily Prompt – Never…anymore | Create & Motivate!
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Hasta Lasagna, Don’t Get Any On Ya! | Stuphblog
- Daily Prompt: Shame on “SHOULD”! | Iam Who Iam
- At the end of the Day… a la Naas Botha | The Rider
- Let’s Not Say | clarior e tenebris
- It Would Be So Very:Daily Prompt | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | Musings&Rants
- I love you, but… | Pink Woods
- Recuperate… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Ban a Word – CombatBabe
- Daily Prompt: Don’t Call Me Out My Name | One Starving Activist
- No Laws, Just A Reminder | Maggie’s Stories
- Words | Cheri Speak
- You make me wanna throw up, lol jk. | Thoughts of a Lesser Canine
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You – show us NO. | masadiso79′s Blog
- No thank you “Feel” | Geek Ergo Sum
- Contemplating “normal” | That Socially Anxious Atheist Paranoid Gay
- No, Thank You | The Nameless One
- Another ban? No, thank you | Vivir, que no es poco
- Book Burning | Compass & Quill
- No! | Taking One Day At A Time
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | Postcards from
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | Moonlight Reflections
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | Vagabond
- Daily Prompt | Lifentruthz
- No, Thank You: Ban the Ban | Khana’s Web
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | itisnotaboutmeblog
- Daily Prompt: HATE is a banned word! | The Abuse Expose’ with Secret Angel
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | Prateek Bhatia
- Catherine B.’s Blog | You are not Sorry | Daily Prompt | No, Thank You
- Paula Deen’s Mistake | windandlaughter
- To ban or not to ban | tornin2′s Blog
- Daily Prompt : No | Hamburg und Mee(h)r
- A tiltott szó | léna világa
- Like Awesome? No. | sakshidayal
- Bully For You | A Good One
- Daily Prompt: Oh, the choices! | Left to Write
- Paucisyllabism | Journey of a Creative Playful Explorer
- the UNCATEGORISED: Daily Prompt | HASHTAG NO THANK YOU | #NO | the TRASH BASH
- Daily Prompt: No Thank You | Postcards to my Aunt BJ
- What’s in a Word | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | Musical Foodie Love
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | Lines by Linda
- Daily Prompt: No, Thank You | prettywitgla33es