Golden Globes 2015
I’m not a big fan of award shows. They seem boring and mundane. The same people are usually nominated year after year so they don’t excite me much. However, I LOVE watching the pre show red carpet coverage for each event. I park on my couch for at least an hr to ooh and ahh over celebrity fashion and yell the occasion “epic fail” or ” fire your stylist immediately” for the unfortunate ladies and gents who are caught parading in their less than stellar fashion choices.
Last night the Golden Globes aired. One can usually expect this red carpet to be a little more classy than other award shows like the Grammys. There were A LOT of hits and misses for the evening. I’m sure the Fashion Police will be all over the celebs that missed the mark…I’m looking at you Keira Knightley. I hate to be rude but did y’all see that dress?Absolutely atrocious. Sorry Keira, I still love you..I just have to keep it real. I was in utter disbelief that it took 30 people an entire week to make that horrible Chanel dress. Am I being harsh? I’ll let you guys be the judge.Embed from Getty Images
I don’t think this dress was flattering at all. I understand she is expecting but I am certain her stylist could have found her some glamorous maternity wear. She’s such a beautiful girl. I was expecting so much more especially since Fashion Police host Kelly Osborne was predicting that she would be one of the best dressed for the evening. I digress.
Let’s chat about the evening’s trends and best dressed on the carpet instead. The overwhelming trends tonight appeared to be the colors silver, red, and white. Beaded/sequin dresses were also very popular. Plunging and halter necklines were also a thing. I had so many favorites on the carpet but I will try to limit it to 5.
1. Reese Witherspoon: She always looks classy so I expected nothing less. She didn’t deviate from her classic Old Hollywood red carpet hairstyle. The sparkling silver strapless gown she donned complemented her golden tresses and makeup beautifully.Embed from Getty Images
2. Jennifer Lopez: Does this woman age at all?? Her style of dress reminded me of a more classy version of her infamous Grammy dress from that time she dated the artist formerly known as Puff Daddy. I like this version much better though. I think it would have been a little classier if Jennifer’s “golden globes” weren’t so exposed but she still looked gorgeous nonetheless.Embed from Getty Images
3. Katherine Heigl: I love love loved this Zac Posen dress on KH. It was classic, sophisticated and accentuated all of her womanly curves. She looked very effortlessly chic. Her hair and makeup complemented the dress very well.Embed from Getty Images
The next 2 were my favorite unconventional fashion looks.
4. Emma Stone: I was so thrilled that Emma Stone took a risk by wearing a jump suit on the red carpet. She looked spectacular and I think the risk totally paid off. Kudos to her glam squad. *Editor’s note: Emma’s shoes look super uncomfortable… yikes!Embed from Getty Images
5. David Oyelowo: This is a look that you will either love or loathe. I loved this dazzling ensemble worn by “Selma” actor David Oyelowo. It’s so creative yet stylish at the same time. I don’t think I have ever seen a man wear a suit reminiscent of material covered in mod podge and glitter. No shade. I think its dope. Don’t even get me started about the shoes! This look is fashion forward in my opinion. Much different than the normal black and navy tuxedos we usually see on the red carpet.Embed from Getty Images
Other noteworthy celebrities include:
Julianne Moore:Embed from Getty Images
Amy Adams:Embed from Getty Images
Quvenzhane Wallis:Embed from Getty Images
Giuliana Rancic:Embed from Getty Images
Kate Beckinsale:Embed from Getty Images
Kevin Hart:Embed from Getty Images
Felicity Jones:Embed from Getty Images
Did you watch the Golden Globes? Who is on your best dressed list? Who is on your worst dressed list? Let’s chat about it!