The lovely Joelle of the blog February Girl challenged bloggers on Twitter to embrace their inner nerd and share 8 geeky facts about themselves on their blogs. This tag seemed like lots of fun so I decided that I would give it a go. So here are 8 nerdy things that you may not know about me.
- I cannot tell a lie without smiling or laughing! It’s like my version of having Pinocchio‘s nose. My husband thinks it’s hilarious.
- I am really shy in person. I’m usually not the one to start a conversation but I will talk your head off once you get me going. This is one of the many things that I am trying to work on!
- I have a tendency to trip over my own feet often. Really guys…who does that?! It is like they have a mind of their own sometimes. I have taken a few nasty falls because of them and end up looking like Scarlett Johansson here. Sorry Scarlett, I feel your pain girl.
- I have a great sense of humor and I love to laugh. Sometimes I laugh until I cry and other people around me just stare because the joke is over. For some reason, my brain didn’t get the message when everyone else’s did so it turns from an amusing moment to an awkward moment. And that makes me laugh harder. Yes I know….nerd alert LOL!
- I used to wonder why people would laugh when I was speaking. At first, I thought they were making fun of me or my country accent so I would just standby and listen to other people’s conversation. But as it turns out, my friends and family think I am hilarious. I still don’t see it but I am glad they are not easily offended by my grade A sarcasm.
- I dance when I eat something delicious. I don’t know why. The moves just come out of no where.
- I can’t sing a lick but when I went to get a root canal, I turned into Whitney Houston. I was super nervous and so I turned the music up on my iPhone to try to drown out the sound of the drilling. I didn’t even realize that I was attempting to sing while the endodontist was working. He had to tap me on the shoulder to ask if I was singing or if I was in pain. Of course just started laughing because I knew I probably sounded worse than a cat in heat. I am laughing now as I write this.
- I used to compete in county spelling bees when I was in elementary and middle school. I had an excellent vocabulary as a child but of course I hid that fact as a teenager to fit in with people. By the time I got to college, I had forgotten a lot of the words I used to know. Looking back, I should have kept the ball rolling. I could have been the human version of Webster Dictionary by now. Now I try to learn at least 3 new words a week to get my vocabulary back up to par.
So there you have it my friends, 8 geeky, quirky, semi embarrassing facts about me. Now it’s time for you guys to embrace your inner nerd. I tag all of you to do this post. It’s quite fun. We all have a geeky side. Let’s just be proud of it! 🙂
- 18 Awesome and Geeky Parents Who Are Doing it Right (techeblog.com)